On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 10:10 +0200, Paolo Sala wrote:
> Package: linux-image-2.6.26-2-686
> Version: 2.6.26-19
> Severity: normal
>
> During the boot I can find a lot of "hda: error waiting for DMA" and the boot
> is very slow; after the boot in effect I can see that the dma
> parameter for the hda is off. Using hdparm I can set it to on and after a
> reboot the option remain on. But if I shutdown the pc when I put it on the
> boot is very slow again and the parameter is off again. I have tried to force
> the option in hdparm.conf but without any success.

Did an earlier kernel version work better on this hardware?

Please send a longer kernel log showing the errors related to hda (the
section below is full of firewall messages).  Then, try replacing the
cable to the HD.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
I say we take off; nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.