On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:02:09 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 09:49:11AM -0400, Dave Witbrodt wrote:
> [...]
> > Has the kernel team decided to no longer make DEBs available for
> > upcoming versions of kernels?  Or will the 'experimental'
> > distribution be used to make such kernels available?
>
> For now, the 'experimental' distribution will be used.

OK, thanks for the info.

> > I was surprised that your notes from the Plumber's Conference do not
> > seem to mention the loss of 'kernel-archive' at all.  Was this not
> > discussed at all?  Is 'kernel-archive' gone permanently?
>
> It was discussed in the 4th meeting; I'm not sure why this wasn't
> noted.  kernel-archive doesn't seem to be a high priority for its
> current hosts.  If and when it's brought back online, we will start
> using it again.  Vince's kautobuild scheme may be a long-term
> replacement for it, but we will need to find a suitable host first.

Could someone CC debian-user with an announcement (in addition to debian-kernel) if 'kernel-archive' ever reappears?

Too bad you couldn't get a directory on a Linux Kernel Organization server, like here

    http://www.kernel.org/pub/dist/

or here

    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/

Seems like Debian Kernel Team activities are exactly the sort of thing that belongs on kernel.org servers anyway. Just a thought...

Thanks for the reply,
Dave W.

PS: I did not receive your reply in my inbox, but found it browsing the debian-kernel ML archive (lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2009/10/). It was not spam-blocked by my ISP (AT&T/Yahoo), so I don't know where it went. Occasionally, I have had replies from maintainers sent via the BTS disappear on me as well. Bummer.