On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 13:39 +1000, Russell Stuart wrote:
> Package: linux-2.6
> Version: 2.6.32-20
> Severity: normal
>

> A 32 bit Sarge image running in an lxc container triggered this kernel
> BUG when it attempted to start an openvpn server.
[...]

Any net device outside of the initial network namespace does not appear
in sysfs.  (I believe this was finally fixed in 2.6.35.)  The tun driver
attempts to register additional device attributes that appear in sysfs,
and it hits this BUG because the net device itself doesn't appear in
sysfs.

We should be able to avoid the crash, but since the tun device will not
be visible in sysfs it might not work completely.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings