Martin Teufel wrote:
> On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 10:29:27PM +0200, Martin Teufel wrote:

>> I installed this image yesterday and had the idea to test the
>> drm.edid_strict=0 parameter on it today. - It works like a charm. ;)
[...]
> I want and have to rectify my last mail:
> This patch is obviously not applied in 2.6.38-bpo.2 because I get:
> [    5.924366] drm: Unknown parameter `edid_strict'

So that leaves us with a puzzle: does that mean that 2.6.38-3~bpo60+1
fixed it (forgetting about the drm.edid_strict parameter for a moment)?

> Could you get this applied to the next version of a linux backport?

Ah, sorry I wasn't clearer before.  The edid_strict patch is something
Alex had been thinking about but it is not in appliable shape (it does
not have strict enough buffer size checks to cope with e.g.
maliciously made hardware).  And of course it's even better if it is
possible through a driver change to get an uncorrupted edid.