On Sun, 28 Aug 2011, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> Did you upgrade the kernel in the last day or so?  If not,
> do you have any idea what might have changed?

I tried rebooting earlier and that didn't help.  But I shut
down for a while and now it is fine.  I did replace my CPU
fan recently, and my replacement battery melted down
(literally melted-- yikes).  Maybe I damaged a sensor or
something.  The other thought was, does TiMidity feed some
events?  I don't know why it was running by default.

> Do these warnings mean anything to you?
>
> [ 57.141392] thinkpad_acpi: setting the hotkey mask to
> 0x00ffffff is likely not the best way to go about it [
> 57.141400] thinkpad_acpi: please consider using the driver
> defaults, and refer to up-to-date thinkpad-acpi
> documentation

That's been happening for a while.  I think the thinkpad
acpi driver is out of date.  I should probably recompile a
custom kernel and use the tp-smapi driver instead.  It gives
the autopark shock feature with hdapsd too, which is not
in the stock kernels.  I don't know if it's a license issue
or what.  I don't think this is related.

We can downgrade the importance of this... maybe it was a
hardware glitch or a fluke.

Mark