Hi Thomas,

Thomas Shanks wrote:

> Image (link below) of graphical mouse pointer left behind whenever you
> Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F# to text VTs while Xorg is running with an external
> screen connected on an Arrandale.
[...]
> The pointer does not move or go away; it stays in that spot as you use
> the text console, even if text, gpm, etc, paints under that area of
> the screen.

A few questions:

 - is this a regression?  If so, what was the last working version?

 - can you reproduce this with the kernel from sid or experimental?  (It
   should only be necessary to install updated linux-base, linux-image-<foo>,
   and initramfs-tools to check.)  If so, we can report this upstream, and
   if not, we can look for a fix to backport.

 - some of the hints at http://intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html
   might also be helpful (especially re finding out if anything interesting
   was logged during the modeswitch).

Thanks for reporting, and hope that helps,
Jonathan