Hi,

rush wrote:

>  I have some suspicious activities on my server: i've continiously repeated
>  messages in dmesg about "BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request"

Yes, if this server is open to the public (especially if it has
untrusted local users), you should probably take it down.  A kernel
BUG means that something happened the kernel did not expect, and after
that point, all bets (including security bets) are off.

Of course we would be happiest if you can make it happen again, in
order to track it down and fix it, though. :)

[...]
> I've checked memory: they are fine

Thanks!

[...]
>  * Kernel has oopsed before.
[...]
> [430009.960980] RIP  [<ffffffff810106db>] __sanitize_i387_state+0x23/0xe1

Can you recover a trace of the first oops (for example from
/var/log/message*)?  Instead of a "Tainted" line containing a "D" (has
oopsed before), it should have a "Not tainted" line.

Thanks for writing,
Jonathan