On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 15:49 +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Following up on the conversation from last week...
>
> Attached is a diff for squeeze. This kernel boots and runs fine on
> arne.debian.org, just tested. The diff between the new config.mv78xx0
> and config.orion5x is tiny (mostly comments), but they're not
> compatible as a single flavour:

Right.  But I look at these two configurations and cannot understand the
reasoning behind the driver selection.

They have PCI, but a lot of PCI drivers disabled.  I assume this is
because there are no PCI slots?  If that is the case then there are a
whole lot more PCI drivers that cannot be used and should be disabled,
which will cut the compile time down significantly.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Horngren's Observation: