On 02/04/12 01:47, Tony Houghton wrote:
Sorry about the lack of response.

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 22:14:41 +0000
Ben Hutchings<b...@decadent.org.uk>  wrote:

I assume you upgraded the client and not the server?
Which was the previous version?  (/var/log/dpkg.log should show this.)

Did you upgrade the kernel at the same time?  If so, what were the
old and new package versions?
Client and server were both upgraded from 1:1.2.5-3 to 1:1.2.5-4 on the
same day.

ls -l shows the x bit is still set, but I get permission denied
when I try to run them, and bash's autocompletion also seems to "know"
they're not executable because it doesn't expand them when I press Tab.
I've tried adding 'exec' to fstab options but it didn't help. The same
thing happens whether I use mount or pmount as a normal user or mount as
root.
Are all 'x' permission bits set?  Do you also have read permission for
the executables?
~ $ ls -l /media/htpc/hdvb/mscript.py
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody nogroup 376 Jan 11 12:54 /media/htpc/hdvb/mscript.py
~ $ /media/htpc/hdvb/mscript.py
bash: /media/htpc/hdvb/mscript.py: Permission denied

I overlooked the "nobody nogroup" before. Is that normal? The UIDs are
the same on both PCs and I can write to the file despite the discrepancy
in the user and group names.

Here I have to restart the idmapd service to get the names properly.