On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 03:57:28PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
[ providing prebuilt modules ]
> I'm not sure if that work is a strong argument against doing this.

The kernel team does not seem to be overly happy, especially given the
fact that it's the last package to do so. But there was only one member
voicing an objection and one other commenting that an ABI change within
stable would be extremely unlikely (especially through a security
update, for which we would not issue a corresponding nvidia update in
time).

I'll give this another week on -release and -kernel for people to speak
up, but I cannot hold this package hostage on the non-free autobuilding
side even though I'm extremely unhappy with it from a release team point
of view. I.e. I'll go and do a final review for the remaining packages
by then and will enable autobuilding if they satisfy the criteria.

Sorry for this taking so long…

Kind regards
Philipp Kern