On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Hideki Yamane wrote:

>  Okay, but they are using patched gcc and binutils for build it.
>  So I guess, first it should be merged to upstream gcc/binutils, then
>  be added to firmware git repo, right?

No, that is not how the firmware-free source package works. It just
ships pre-built firmware and source but doesn't build anything from
source. So it isn't nessecary to care about if the firmware is
buildable at all. So if you patch the source, you will not get a fixed
version of the firmware.

Personally I think this is the wrong way to go about packaging free software.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise