On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 07:10:01AM -0600, Sonja Tideman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are working on adding support for the Debian security kernels to
> ksplice.

Please consider getting in touch with the Debian Press Team
(debian-public...@lists.debian.org), so that this can be mentioned in
the "Bit from Debian" newsletter.

> When a kernel gets released to security, is it guaranteed to
> eventually be rolled into a stable kernel?  And, when that happens, does
> that new, stable kernel then supersede any older stable kernels?

Yes, the kernel updates released through security.debian.org are included
in the point releases, which appear at an interval of roughly even 2-3 months.

> Are
> there current plans to move the existing 3.2.41-2+deb7u2 kernel into
> stable soon?

Yes. The next point update is planned for the 16th of June.

You can monitor the transition of security updates into the next point
update through http://release.debian.org/proposed-updates/stable.html

Cheers,
        Moritz