Control: forcemerge -1 691427

I believe this is the same problem I experienced with my Thinkpad X230
with 180 GB Intel SSD disk with Lenovo firmware.  As far as I can
tell, the disk model with the latest Lenovo firmware is broken, and
can't handle sustained writes without locking up and disappearing from
the SATA bus until you power cycle it.  It can happen while writing
random data to the disk, but also when doing database operations or
writing other stuff to the disk.  It affect Windows and Linux users
alike.  If you never stress the disk, it will probably not fail you,
so you might avoid the problem.

See

and

for my story.  I got a replacement disk of a different vendor/model.

Btw: Filling an SSD with random data to encrypt it is going to kill
performance and reduce the life time of the SSD.  You might want to
reconsider and not fill it with random data even if you encrypt it.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen