John Paul Adrian Glaubitz dixit:

>> SCNR but to note that mksh has a realpath builtin and compiles
>> cleanly with klibc.
>
>Yes, but unfortunately, most people agreed on using bash and often you
>have no other choice but to use it. I'd also rather use zsh.

initrd uses klibc’s flavour of dash ☹ or some variant of a busybox
shell, which is probably even worse.

Honestly, I should split off mksh-static and/or lksh into separate
packages, and beat the initramfs-tools maintainers into submission
so that they use it instead. ☻☺ (CoC note: not serious here.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
18:47⎜<mirabilos:#!/bin/mksh> well channels… you see, I see everything in the
same window anyway      18:48⎜<xpt:#!/bin/mksh> i know, you have some kind of