Hi Ben,

As discussed during Debconf, I can easily reproduce this bug when, on
laptop with an xhci-controlled device I plug a USB 2 device and
suspend the machine. As soon as it is brought back from S3 and that
the devices are probed the bug occurs and from that point on the
xhci-controlled devices become non-functional. Also, as discussed,
rmmod'ing the xhci module isn't enough to make the devices functional
again, one also needs to remove the ehci module - so it would appear
that the bug affects one of the structures that are passed back to
ehci by xhci during suspend and other operations.

HTH.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer