On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 05:21:14PM +0000, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
> This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
> which was filed against the src:linux package:
>
> #778212: linux: please build the kernel and udebs on x32
>
> It has been closed by Ben Hutchings <b...@decadent.org.uk>.

> No, you need to make the installer use the amd64 packages for this.

1. d-i cannot currently use packages from a foreign architecture (same
applies for example to i386 on non-ancient hardware)

2. neither can it use udebs (needed to boot d-i itself)

3. amd64 kernels currently have x32 syscalls disabled unless a special
argument is passed on the command line.  This is fragile, especially if
fancy combinations of bootloader with preseeding are involved.

I'm not going to force reopen this, as you know more about Debian kernel
packaging than me (duh), but at least in my unofficial x32 release I'm going
to use kernel+udebs with this patch, unless you can enlighten me.  Would you
please elaborate a bit about what do I understand wrong?  And what the plans
for foreign kernels in d-i are?

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple