On Mon, 18 May 2015 12:36:04 +0800 Jesse Sung wrote:

> * Package name : freefall
> * License : GPL
> Description : daemon to protect disk for laptops with supported sensors
>
> The accelerometer drivers for HP and DELL laptops are already available
> in the linux kernel for a while. A daemon is required to handle the
> events generated by the drivers.
>
> This program is included in the kernel source. It will do the user-space
> jobs: to park/un-park disk head when something happens, and make LEDs
> blink accordingly.

I don't think you need to file an ITP for a package that will be built
from the linux source package already in Debian.

I notice that there is another implementation of this idea that supports
more laptops than the Linux one, should these two be merged or what?

https://packages.debian.org/sid/hdapsd

--
bye,
pabs