On Thu, 2015-05-21 at 20:33 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 07:49:37PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> >On Wed, 2015-05-20 at 07:53 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >> Here's patch v2...
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> >Has this been posted to anywhere upstream? Usual policy is that this
> >should happen before we take it into our kernel. That will also give us
> >something (i.e. an archive URL) to put in an Origin: header.
>
> I'm just pulling out a patch that Mark already sent upstream. Looking
> for the URL... It's sometimes a PITA that Google likes Debian lists
> and the BTS so much - most obvious links are just to this bug now!
>
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg373699.html

Thanks, the message id there led me to
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/117272

which has the whole thread.

Including a v3 which is slightly different to what has been posted here
so far:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/117272/focus=118786

It uses dma_set_mask_and_coherent rather than individual calls to
dma_set_coherent_mask then dma_set_mask, which the various feedback in
the thread seems to indicate is more correct.

So that's the one I intend to apply along with the Kconfig part of
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/117272/focus=118784
(post beer festival though I'm afraid ;-))

Ian.