On Thu, 2015-09-03 at 12:20 +0200, Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> Package: linux-image-4.1.0-0.bpo.1-kirkwood
> Version: 4.1.3-1~bpo8+1
>
> After installing this Linux kernel on my QNAP TS-219P II, qcontrol no
> longer works:
>
> 1. The status LED remains in red/green blink mode (as set by the boot
> loader). It should be set to solid green when the kernel is loaded.
> 2. The buzzer does not buzz. It should buzz when the kernel is loaded
> and when the kernel is shutting down.
>
> Removing and reinstalling the qcontrol package did not help.

I suspect this is due to the device path for the input node changing
from /dev/input/by-path/platform-gpio_keys-event to /dev/input/by
-path/platform-gpio-keys-event. With the version of qcontrol in Jessie
it won't even start if it can't find the device, even though it can do
many of its core things without it (the node is for button input only).

This is fixed by qcontrol 0.5.4-4 in testing (both looking for old and
new names, as well as not treating failure to find either as a
catastrophe), but for Jessie you can just edit the path in
/etc/qcontrol.conf.

If that works for you then it might be worth uploading an updated
qcontrol to backports.

Thanks,
Ian.