Hello Jean-Philippe,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL <jpmeng...@debian.org> schrieb am Di., 11. Feb. 2020,
01:15:

> Hi,
>
> Great news, congrats! I am happy to see this package alive.
>
> Who can push in the fr subdir of the tree? Can we add people manually,
> even if not DDs? Some of the most important French translators are not
> DDs, but would make sense they can push the translations to fr.

No problem, people without a DD account can simply create a guest developer
account at [1] and then apply for membership at [2]. All project members
registered as "maintainer" (you too) are then allowed to accept the new
translators.

But note: Never commit anything outside of your own directory (po/fr/ in
your case) without discussing the change with us, unless our scripts change
something in templates/ or wherever else. Another exception are the
localized files in public/ (which feed the status pages), if you found some
wrong translation there.

[1] https://signup.salsa.debian.org/
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/manpages-l10n-team/manpages-l10n

Best Regards,
Mario

> Regards
>

> Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
>
> Le 10/02/2020 à 10:10, Mario Blättermann a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > the manpages-l10n project is now almost ready for a release. The new
> > version 4.0 is scheduled for march 1, 2020. All commits prior to this
> > date will be included in the tarball.
> >
> > This means, you should now complete all the work you are already
> > started with. In the meantime, we will update the translation
> > templates and the existing *.po files as usual. Due to some version
> > changes in our supported packages, such updates can happen more often
> > than expected. For example, the original »manpages« package has been
> > recently updated to v5.05. Once the distribution packages have been
> > arrived, we will do an extra update. Please always work on the latest
> > *.po files from the Git repository, sorry for the inconvenience.
> > Because we support lots of distribution packages whose updates we
> > can't influence, we are unable to declare a »string freeze« in common
> > sense.
> >
> > In case of the *.po file you are working on is older than the latest
> > template from the Git repository, you can easily update it as follows
> > (regardless of it's really older):
> >
> > Copy your *.po file to the right place in your local copy of the Git
> > repo. Committing is not needed for the time being.
> >
> > Run the following script in the po/ directory of your language:
> >
> > ./update-po.sh relative/path/to/your/po/file
> >
> > For example:
> >
> > ./update-po.sh man1/chroot.1.po
> >
> > The script merges your *.po file with both the latest template (*.pot
> > file) and the compendium files (common/*.po). Besides that, it removes
> > unused gettext messages at the end of the file and deletes old msgid
> > comments (starting with #|), as long as the appropriate gettext
> > message is no longer marked as »fuzzy«.
> >
> > Happy translating!
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Mario