Nicolas FranÃois wrote:
:: Hi (or Oi),

        Hi Nicolas! You can also say "OlÃ". :)

:: On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 11:34:09PM -0300, Felipe :: Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:

::::    I checked the source file in Sarge and the
:::: translation you are using were made by another
:::: project called LDP-BR (Linux Documentation
:::: Project Brazil), the translators used to work
:::: on Conectiva Linux, another distro that
:::: recently join forces with Mandrake Linux.

:: This is also the case of at least the French and
:: German man pages.  They were translated by another
:: man page translation project. The problem with
:: shadow is that there were no development upstream
:: for some time and the distributions maintained
:: their own version of shadow related program/man
:: pages.  This (with age) can explain some differences
:: between the translations and the current Debian
:: English pages.

        Hmmm, really interesting.

:::: The -l10n-portuguese has the final word, but :::: I'm feeling that we are going to work with po4a. :::: We just need some _extra_ days to update the :::: files, is it OK for you to wait?

:: I'm sorry if you felt it as a 'deadline'.  You can
:: of course take your time.  I just wanted to point
:: you that, even if the shadow package is frozen,
:: there is an opportunity to get translation included
:: for Sarge. And there is obviously an opportunity to
:: get them after, if you simply prefer to keep these
:: pages, or keep them with just a simple notice that
:: there are some more up-to-date man pages in English.

        We are worried because maybe you have some "schedule"
to update the package. We will check a few things and as soon
as possible we tell you about our decisions on this subject.

        At least but not last, how long it takes to create
the potfiles (po4a)? I'm feeling that we will walk on this
way...

        Thanks again. :)

- --
// Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
// GUD-PR / DUG-PR || http://www.debian-pr.org
// GUD-BR / DUG-BR || http://www.debian-br.org
// Debian Project  || http://www.debian.org/

-- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Responder a