Ryan Underwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I've been taking over an xfonts-package, namely xfonts-dosemu.  It
> appears that an override is necessary to avoid
> installs-file-to-usr-X11R6 warnings.  But a font package does this by
> necessity.  Should this warning be suppressed for any package beginning
> with xfonts- ?

I suggest just adding the override and not worrying about this right now,
since the entire world of X directory structure is going to change once
X11R7 and the modular tree hit unstable.

My guess is that the eventual fallout of that will be that X fonts can be
installed in /usr/share.  It's probably not worth modifying lintian in the
meantime.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>