Michael Ablassmeier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> i just wondered how am i supposed to add my own checks to lintian.  It
> seems the only way to do this (without beeing root) is to copy the stuff
> from /usr/share/lintian to $HOME and use the --root switch to change
> $LINTIAN_ROOT.

> I think it would be very nice if lintian could check ~/.lintian/checks
> for checks and load them, just like linda does. Attached is a (i guess
> pretty hackish patch) against trunk which does this.

This seems like at least an idea worth considering.  Could you submitt his
and your patch as a wishlist bug report?  I don't know about the other
lintian developers, but I try really hard not to keep things sitting
around in my inbox because then they nag at me and feel like clutter.  If
you put the patch into the BTS, it will be there each time I review
current bugs to find something to work on.

Thanks!

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>