Josh Triplett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> It looks like at least one package (showeq) depends on
> x-window-system-core (also not for use in Depends),

The description of x-window-system-core explicitly says it's for use in
Depends, actually.  It does say that it's for use in Depends for
meta-packages, but right now lintian doesn't really draw that
distinction.

> and it could well happen that someone might take the lazy-but-wrong
> approach and use the other packages for dependencies in the future;
> thus, I think checking for x-window-system{,-core,-dev} and "xorg" in
> the Depends and Build-Depends fields couldn't hurt.  (Note that
> Recommends or Suggests on such a package does not cause a problem.)

Yeah, I was thinking about doing at least that much, but I couldn't figure
out a good way around the meta-package depending on another meta-package
thing.  Build-Depends is a bit more straightforward.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>