lintian is a wonderfully relaxing thing to work on while on vacation in
the beautiful Pacific Northwest.  :)

There are now quite a few fixes accumulated in Subversion (20 bug fixes,
85 lines of changelog) but probably no reason to upload before the last
upload makes it into testing.  The only bug that makes me wonder if we
should reset the propagation into testing is the CDPATH bug with the man
page check, which caused a bit of consternation.  If someone else thinks
we should upload before lintian propagates into testing, do say something.

Regardless, changing too much between uploads isn't a good idea, so I'm
going to slow down on committing actual fixes and go work on some other
projects and on cleaning up the bug database a bit (retitling bugs,
clearing out meaningless tags, that sort of thing).

One thing that I have been noticing while working on a variety of checks
is that lintian could use a richer set of library functions.  There are
now multiple check modules that load and test dependencies, for instance,
and they all repeat themselves to some extent.  Similarly, there are
several checks that parse the index created by unpack-binpkg-l1 and they
all do similar things.  Maybe a good lintian 1.24 project would be some
substantial refactoring and lifting common routines into the library.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>