Nelson A de Oliveira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Package: lintian
> Version: 1.23.20
> Severity: important

> Hi!

> Today I have downloaded lintian 1.23.20 from incoming and installed it
> with dpkg -i.

> Trying to test it with some packages, I've got:

> $ lintian qsf_1.1.7-1_i386.deb
> Can't locate common_data.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/share/lintian/lib
> /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8
> /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/share/lintian/checks/menus line 25.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/lintian/checks/menus line 25.
> Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/lintian/lib/Checker.pm line 63.

Ack, thank you very much for the fast report.  I've uploaded 1.23.21 with
the fix.  I added common_data.pm to the menus checks to pick up some
information and forgot to add the use lib line that is also required in
order to load it.  I didn't notice that in any of my testing since most of
my checks I used --root with, and the ones that I did without --root
were only on *.changes files, which for some reason works.

Hopefully I'll get it into the archive before the next archive push so no
one in unstable will be affected.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>