Raphael Hertzog <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> (moving to lintian-maint)

> On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Russ Allbery wrote:
>> Raphael Hertzog <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>> I tend to think that you're doing too much checks here. Having too
>>> much in Build-Depends is not *that* bad. You'd better check only for
>>> the contrary ie missing Build-Depends because they are used in the
>>> clean rule... well IMO of course.

>> This would be a good thing to send to lintian-maint rather than just to
>> me.  I didn't add the check in the first place; I just tried to fix all
>> of the false positives in a check that was already in lintian before I
>> started working on it.  I agree with you that it's not completely clear
>> it's worth it, although at this point there aren't many false positives
>> left.

> I have nothing to add, just wanted to share my initial comment with the
> other maintainers as suggested by Russ.

What would the other lintian maintainers think about downgrading the
build-depends-without-arch-dep tag to info from warning?  We are getting a
*lot* of false positives with it, and while I'm quashing them as I see
them, this is a style thing more than it's really a policy requirement.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>