Thomas Huriaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Russ Allbery <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (13/09/2006):

>> > W: dpkg-www source: unknown-po-debconf-file debian/po/cs.po.Miroslav_Kure
>>
>> This is an example of an extra file that, on its surface, seems
>> legitimate.

> This looks more like an old translation that could be removed.

Well, yeah, but apparently the maintainer wanted to keep it around for
some reason.  I may not agree as a maintainer -- it just seems like the
sort of thing that I could see someone doing.

> My main purpose by writing this patch was to detect the following files:
>   W: setserial source: unknown-po-debconf-file debian/po/setserial.ja.po
>   W: setserial source: unknown-po-debconf-file debian/po/setserial.pl.po
> Those one introduce the following fields in the master file:
>   Description-setserial.ja.UTF-8:
>   Description-setserial.pl.UTF-8:
> The translations are then lost (unless a ll.po file also exists, which
> is here the case for ja but not for pl).

> or
>   W: vtun source: unknown-po-debconf-file debian/po/vtun_2.6-3_ja.po
> introducing the Description-vtun_2.6-3_ja.UTF-8: field

Would we catch most of these issues by looking for badly-named files that
end in .po?

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>