Christian Perrier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Package: lintian
> Version: 1.23.28
> Severity: normal

> (debconf maitnainers CC'ed)

> Some packages use "error" debconf templates (indeed quite often on my
> suggestion when I launched a campaign to remove useless debconf notes back
> in September 2006). The support for this has been introduced only in debconf
> 1.4.69, so lintian should warn maintainers about not version depending on
> that version of debconf if their debconf templates use the "error" type.

Thanks, Christian!

There's another, related bug for better debconf dependency management that
I need to look at which should make this even easier to implement, so I'm
hopeful that it will make it into the next release.

Do you know what verson of cdebconf introduced this feature?

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>