pe, 2007-10-05 kello 11:12 -0700, Russ Allbery kirjoitti:
> I don't know what the other lintian maintainers feel about this, but I
> personally am comfortable enough with Python that I would have no
> objections if you'd like to rewrite the reporting harness and HTML
> generation in Python instead, provided that would make it easier for you
> to improve them.  It's not in Perl for any particularly important reason,
> and I don't have time to work on it, so if you're willing to make
> significant improvements, I don't mind absorbing Python code in order to
> get them.

Canonical may well want me to use Launchpad for the results, instead of
just web pages, but we'll see. If we do use the web page approach, I am
not sure I care enough to do much about the layout. But we'll see. I'll
keep you posted about any changes I make that are not Canonical/Ubuntu
specific.

> A rewrite into Python that does the same thing isn't as attractive, of
> course.

Yep.

> Please do note that the lintian reporting harness in general needs to be
> able to run on oldstable systems, since lintian.d.o is generally slow to
> be upgraded, so please don't use fancy new language features.

Sure.

--
Fun is productive