Paul Wise <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Package: lintian
> Version: 1.23.34
> Severity: wishlist

> Please add a check to search the .deb for windows thumbnail databases.
> These are generally useless in Debian binary packages and just take up
> space. They will be named "Thumbs.db" (or any variation in case) and
> file reports that they are "Microsoft Office Document". The may get
> compressed by dh_compress. The following files exist in the archive:

The list that you found in the archive doesn't show any variation in case.
I'd rather make the test as restrictive as possible to avoid false
positives, so for right now I'm just checking for Thumbs.db and
Thumbs.db.gz.  If you do see ones with a variation in case, let me know.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>