Joerg Jaspert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On 11223 March 1977, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:

>> I read that as "it's ok if you have a good reason". Therefore, I think
>> a lintian warning would be more appropriate than an error. Attached
>> patch implements this change. Please consider applying it.

> That seems to be a good case for an lintian override in your package
> then, leaving the check at E:?!

In the absence of more granular metadata, I've been downgrading Policy
"should" to a warning from an error when people complain about them.  (It
really should be something like source: policy, certainty: high, severity:
should with an overridable default mapping to I/W/E, so that people can
then classify on whatever combination of metadata that they need, but
we're not there yet.)

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>