Chris Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm not sure this is a bug, per se. "several-sonames-in-same-package" is
> an "info" tag, whilst "package-name-doesnt-match-sonames" is a "warning"
> tag.  Thus, you only override one ">= warning" tag.

Yeah, that's the correct analysis, I think.

> I would agree if you claimed that this is somewhat misleading. I have
> attached a patch against SVN trunk (with testcase) which makes the
> output clearer when you override against a tag of "Type: info".
>
> Against Cyril's package this outputs:
>
>  % frontend/lintian  ~/temp/cdt.FnP10373/libgraphviz4_2.16-2_amd64.deb
>  N: 1 tag overridden (1 warning, plus 1 useless override)
>  %

Well, overriding an info tag isn't useless; it's just that info tags
aren't important enough to warrant mentioning that they were overridden
for the same reason that they're not shown by default.

I think the right fix is probably to keep the current behavior if -I
wasn't given, but if -I was given, add the number of info tags overridden
to the summary as well.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>