"Bernhard R. Link" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Package: lintian
> Version: 1.23.45
> Severity: wishlist
>
> Attached patch should enable lintian to warn against unneeded control
> files. It adds a warning against (semantically) empty control files
> and against some ancient checks. (I don't think package need still check
> in preinst if the version of dpkg running is newer than from 1999).

Frank already added something very similar to this content check and I
just enhanced it to warn on scripts containing nothing but the dh-make
boilerplate.

I'm now also adding these checks for ancient dpkg assertions.  Thanks!

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>