Hideki Yamane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>  those are virtual package. And for example, ocaml-base-nox package provides
>  ocaml-base-nox-3.10".2", not ocaml-base-nox-3.10 .
>
>>Package: ocaml-base-nox
>>Version: 3.10.2-1
>>Provides: libnums-ocaml, ocaml-base-nox-3.10.2
>
>  lintian requires ocaml-base-nox-3.10".0"
>  So we CANNOT satisfy what lintian says about dependency :(
>
>  I think lintian should not says about ocaml packages' names with version,
>  but only the generic names.

Ah, I see.

Okay, after looking at the archive for a while, I think you're right.  The
packages that depend on OCaml aren't using the versioned virtual packages
now, and the version seems to change rather frequently.  I've made this
change for the next lintian release.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>