I'm a bit stumped on how to track this down, but a full lintian run is
taking up gobs of memory, way more than it should.  Currently on gluck
lintian has a resident set size of 1.5GB.

I suspect that we have a memory leak somewhere, which with Perl means we
aren't cleaning up after ourselves or have something static and global
that shouldn't be and that keeps accumulating more data with each package
we check.  It's not just the package list; that's only about 6MB, and even
with memory bloat from the in-memory data structures, shouldn't be more
than 60MB or so.

This probably has something to do with why archive-wide runs are so slow.

--
Russ Allbery (r...@debian.org)               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>