On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 21:32 +0200, Jari Aalto wrote:
> There seems to be extra EOL whitespaces in output after each paragraph
> break.
[...]
>     E: wv: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath usr/bin/wvConvert
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu$
>     N:$
>     N:   The binary or shared library sets RPATH. This overrides the normal$
>     N:   library search path, possibly interfering with local policy and$
>     N:   causing problems for multilib, among other issues.$
>     N:   $
>     N:   The only time a binary or shared library in a Debian package should$

Indeed there does.  I have to ask though, why is this a problem in any
way?  What is processing lintian output in a way that's so sensitive to
the possible presence of such whitespace?

In fact, I'd argue that removing it would actually be wrong.  The entire
description is indented by three spaces and the paragraph breaks are
part of that description.

Regards,

Adam