Package: lintian
Version: 2.5.52
Severity: normal

Dear Lintian maintainers,

The tool suggest to add a Keywords field to .desktop file which has
Type=Link, but this is not allowed by the current specification[1].

I faced it on my .desktop file[2] with an URL link. Lintian says:

I: phpliteadmin: desktop-entry-lacks-keywords-entry usr/share/applications/phpliteadmin.desktop
    N:
N: This .desktop file does either not contain a "Keywords" entry or it does
    N:    not contain any keywords not already present in the "Name" or
    N:    "GenericName" entries.
    N:
N: .desktop files are organized in key/value pairs (similar to .ini files). N: "Keywords" is the name of the entry/key in the .desktop file containing
    N:    keywords relevant for this .desktop file.
    N:
N: The desktop-file-validate tool in the desktop-file-utils package is
    N:    useful for checking the syntax of desktop entries.
    N:
    N:    Refer to
N: https://specifications.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/ar01s05.html,
    N:    https://bugs.debian.org/693918, and
N: https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/GnomeGoals/DesktopFileKeywords for
    N:    details.
    N:
    N:    Severity: wishlist, Certainty: certain
    N:
    N:    Check: menu-format, Type: binary
    N:

[1]: https://specifications.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-1.1.html#recognized-keys [2]: https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/phpliteadmin.git/tree/debian/phpliteadmin.desktop?id=65a5c8cc4294ef0247e7327ceca745c4b38d69d5