This is an automated email from the git hooks/post-receive script.
lamby pushed a commit to branch master
in repository lintian.
Author: Chris Lamb <la...@debian.org>
Date: Fri Feb 2 17:08:50 2018 +0000
checks/description.desc: Fix some typos and grammatical errors - thanks
checks/description.desc | 14 +++++++-------
1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)
diff --git a/checks/description.desc b/checks/description.desc
index 789f16c..50839d7 100644
@@ -141,11 +141,11 @@ Info: The extended description contains the statement
that it was
-Info: The package synopsis (also known as the "short" descriptiom,, ie. the
- first line in the package "Description:" field) either ends with a full
- stop "." character or starts another additonal sentence.
+Info: The package synopsis (also known as the "short" description, ie. the
+ first line in the package's "Description:" field) either ends with a full
+ stop "." character or starts another sentence.
- This is not necessary as the synopsis does nott need to be a full
+ This is not necessary as the synopsis does not need to be a full
sentence. It is recommended that a single descriptive phrase is used
@@ -254,8 +254,8 @@ Certainty: wild-guess
Info: This package appears to mention planned or upcoming features of
- Package descriptions should not mention features that not yet implemented
- as they waste the time of people searching for particular keywords. They
- are also liable to become outdated quickly.
+ Package descriptions should not mention features that are not yet implemented
+ as they waste the time of people searching for particular keywords. They are
+ also liable to become outdated quickly.
Please remove such statements from the package description.
Alioth's /usr/local/bin/git-commit-notice on