On Sat, 2018-07-21 at 10:37:43 +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:
> tags 872611 - moreinfo
> tags 872611 + patch
> forwarded 872611 https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/merge_requests/12
> thanks

> > Sorry had forgotten about this one. Not sure which part do you find
> > unsafe? The grep was just an example, I'd probably use a regex similar
> > to the one I used on codesearch.debian.net, so something like:
> >
> >    m/(?:select-editor|sensible-(?:pager|editor|browser))/
>
> Thanks! Can you give this a quick review?
>
>   https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/merge_requests/12

Had to check locally as salsa was not willing to show that page. :/

Ok some comments:

 - On the description you might want to mention Recommends in addition
   to Depends.
 - It might make sense to consider also Suggests, in case the packages
   conditionally use these tools only when present.
 - You mention checking all "source files" in several places, but I
   think you mean files in the binary packages?
 - The space removal in find_cruft() seems suspect. :)
 - The new argument in full_text_check() seems too specialized, dunno,
   perhaps pass it as a code block instead of a bool, so that the
   function keeps being generic?
 - I think _has_sensible_utils() might have lost the self-dependency
   handling special-case from the original code?
 - I still find the

one-line-subject-as-a-commit-message-pattern-including-bug-closure-and-rationale-and-everything-else-that-might-come-by
   quite straining. ;)

Thanks,
Guillem