Hi,

Unless anyone uses the 'suite' paradigm to run tests for *.changes,
*.dsc and *.deb separately, I would like to change the meaning of
'suite' to correspond to the following categories:

code-quality: Currently known as 'scripts'.
lintian-output: All the tests presently in 'changes', 'debs', 'source'
and 'tests'.
harness: A series of forthcoming internal tests.

As an underlying reason, I would like to group most tests by Lintian
check. (There are some exceptions, such as generic-dh-make-2008; other
tests, like runtests-todo, will find a better home in suite 'harness.)
The current layout forces too many tests into the suite 'tests' (which
is also awkwardly named) and makes a meaningful reorganization
impossible. I envision a flexible layout in which test directories are
defined by the presence of a test specification ('desc').

The lost functionality may reappear in the future as an 'onlyrun'
filter for Lintian input files with a particular format. That would
treat the suites 'tests' and 'changes' similarly, as they operate on
the same type of file.

Best regards,
Felix Lechner