Hi,

We are trying to have a plymouth splash image during boot time with our
debian-live distribution.

When we set the system to include such package we get the following
errors while building the image:

        Running depmod.^M
        Running update-initramfs.^M
        update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-686^M
        df: Warning: cannot read table of mounted file systems: No such
        file or directory^M
        W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168d-2.fw
        for module r8169^M
        W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168d-1.fw
        for module r8169^M
        cp: cannot stat `/etc/fonts/fonts.conf': No such file or
        directory^M
        E: /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/plymouth failed with return
        1.^M
        update-initramfs: failed for /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-686^M
        update-initramfs failed to create initrd image.^M
        Failed to create initrd image.^M
        dpkg: error processing linux-image-2.6.32-5-686 (--configure):^M
         subprocess installed post-installation script returned error
        exit status 2^M
        configured to not write apport reports
        .
        .
        .

        Errors were encountered while processing:^M
         linux-image-2.6.32-5-486^M
         linux-image-2.6.32-5-686^M
         linux-image-2.6-486^M
         linux-image-2.6-686^M
        P: Begin unmounting filesystems...

Is there anything special to be done in order to get this package
installed?

By the way we are using nfs netboot setup but I think is shouldn't
matter much, since I don get the image build at all.

I can attach the full binary.log if needed (I am not sure if it is
allowed to send files to the list)

Regards

--
Carlos Alarcón.