On 05/22/2018 09:20 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
I ran the installer [w/o internet connection].
The install matched the screen shots.
I particularly liked the GUI for disk partitioning. Enough that I would suggest to Debian use that portion in d-i.

I had some problems running the existing Debian system. The symptoms suggest a hardware problem. I'll run some diagnostics and reinstall Debian followed by Aims and report back.

I have a flaky hard disk. Aims had run from hard disk but would not boot the existing system. I reinstalled Debian which also failed to run. Now I know why it was on a back shelf.