On 2018-11-21 19:12, Stefan Baur wrote:
Am 22.11.18 um 01:59 schrieb p...@gilbertson.biz:

I would like to change network interface name from enxxx back to the
normal eth0 and wlan0 for my Debian Stretch (9) live build. The method
most given for changing the nic card name back to the old names is to
edit the grub file in  /etc/default/grub with adding the following line
to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0".  However, I don't
have a grub file in my /etc/default folder.  I've read the manual and it
doesn't say anything about grub.  Does anyone have an answer?

I think you're looking for syslinux/isolinux/pxelinux and the
corresponding configuration file (usually something named syslinux.cfg
or isolinux.cfg, or pxelinux.cfg/default).

Syslinux user here, net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0 working fine for me.

-Stefan

Thanks for the info Stefan!

The simple answer for everyone who wants to do this is just add it to the end of the boot_append_live settings. For example, you can edit the /config/binary file directly and add net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0 just before "quiet splash". Here is an example:

LB_BOOTAPPEND_LIVE="boot=live components (more options here) net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0 quiet splash"

skol