Hi Roland.. let's forget the jessie related..  ok answering your mail:

El mié., 22 de may. de 2019 a la(s) 06:18, Roland Clobus (rclo...@rclobus.nl)
escribió:

> The title says: backports customizations are not enabled for live-build

yeah!

> The content says: Unrecognized command line option
> osposweb replied with: the program gives options to alter all sources of
> packages except the "backports"

same here! so i think it's same issue

> Issue 1: backports customizations are not enabled for live-build
>
> Regarding the Debian mirrors: as I understand, Debian nowadays has
> reduced the configuration for finding the mirrors, by using
> deb.debian.org for all current releases, architectures and geographical
> locations. The backports for stretch are there [2], and all geographical
> locations can use the same URL [3].

Yes, forgetting about jessie which play off soon .. affects future
compilations of live build

> However, if you need to add other repositories, the manual at section
> 8.1.5 [6] states that you need to add specific files:
> config/archives/your-repository.list.chroot and/or
> config/archives/your-repository.list.binary. Within these files you can
> write lines with the same syntax as you would do in /etc/apt/sources.list.

THIS WORK ONLY FOR CHROOT! must work for all the stages!

> (Note that I still have not touched chapter 8 of the manual, there are
> still some old references to alioth.debian.org.)
> So for getting access to other repositories, you should use these files,
> and not one of the command line options.

About older references, i can open a new bug reports for.. but for now,
this issue are only related to allow to customize backports mirrors

> I have tested backports with:
> lb config --distribution stretch
> echo "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch-backports main" >
> config/archives/live.list.chroot
> echo "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch-backports main" >
> config/archives/live.list.binary
> The backports are available, but grep is still at 2.27-2 instead of
> 3.3-1~bpo9+1. So I did not correctly configure apt pinning.

BAD MADE the pinning works but in some stages does not sync with chroot
installed

In any case, i want to use different mirrors for backports due bandwith
usage behind firewalling

Issue 2: Building a live image for jessie

Well in this case i there's too much work forgett, due as i exposed:
i want to use different mirrors for backports due bandwith usage behind
firewalling
for live-strecht and future live builds

Issue 3: Unrecognized command line option
> Summmary: from my personal point of view, only issue 3 remains.

all of the documentations are out of wync that resumes the "unrecognized..."