On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 03:25:46PM +0000, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as of today, the Debian squeeze LTS support will cease and squeeze will
> One thing, we can do, I guess, is helping out with the Debian Security Team
> regarding package updates in Debian wheezy.

There are two major areas where it would be useful to work on:

1. We're already one wheezy update behind for xen (since some of
the changes were invasive and complex). It would be great if
someone from the Freexian sponsor pool would work on a wheezy
update for Xen. It's probably a solid day of work, though, but
it will also clarify whether it's feasible to continue to support
in Xen in Wheezy LTS (while 4.1 being EOLed by upstream for
quite a while now).

2. Spend some time on investigating what it takes to backport
libav from jessie to wheezy. 11.x is still supported by
libav upstream and we could share triage work for jessie/wheezy
going forwards. 0.8 has simply too much missing.
There will be a few applications which are going to break due to
API changes, possibly exclude some exotic ones from wheezy LTS
support and backport some fixes for important apps from jessie.
(Most of the changes are fairly straightforward, e.g. they renamed
lots of internal constants).

Cheers,
        Moritz