On 2016-03-13 08:53:38, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 10:51 PM, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 06, 2016 at 03:33:16PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
>>> For example, if there are no CVEs are we able to use OVEs instead?
>>
>> What abaout DWF?
>
> That didn't exist at the time of Brian's post.
>
> I think OVE/OVI still have less friction than DWF, you just need to
> press a button.

Well, the friction is one thing, but we need to adopt *one* system for
the future, if CVEs are going the wayside (or even as a complementary
approach). DWF seems interesting because it incorporates CVE IDs
directly and it also allocates CVE ranges to various projects. Debian
could be one of those:

https://github.com/distributedweaknessfiling/DNA-Registry/blob/master/DNA-Registry.csv

... and manage its own allocations.

I am not sure I like the CSVs, however... and it doesn't seem to have
much adoption yet:

https://github.com/distributedweaknessfiling/DWF-Database/blob/master/DWF-Database-2016.csv

Centralisation certainly doesn't scale here...

a.

--
The university must paint itself black, mulatto, worker anddd
peasant. If not, people will break down their doors and paint the