On 2016-05-18 06:33:57, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2016, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> I just wondered whether we should also include the info that openjdk6
>> will very soon be deprecated and users should update to openjdk7? As
>> evident from this list, even LTS contributors missed this change, so I
>> assume there will be many users too, who have missed this.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> I don't think it's needed. It has been widely announced (in
> https://www.debian.org/News/2016/20160425,
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts-announce/2016/05/msg00007.html)
> and it's also documented in debian-security-support.

Maybe having a reminder of the debian-security-support package would be
in order instead then? We could outline a few key packages in there.

I think it's important that our users are aware that LTS is not magical,
and urge them to upgrade to jessie. I understand the announce is more
about the arm port, but there were still things under discussion when
LTS was open for wheezy that have been settled since. Maybe it would be
worth rehashing those...

Otherwise I'm fine with the announcement as well.

A.

--
There has been only one Christian.
They caught him and crucified him -- early.