Am 27.09.18 um 17:12 schrieb Antoine Beaupré:
[...]
> I wonder what that was all about...
>
> Was the solution for stretch finally to remove enigmail from stable and
> use backports?

AFAIK he hasn't made a decision yet and I doubt he will use backports
because it's not for fixing bugs in stable. ;-) I can only say for
myself that my private backport of enigmail works on Stretch and I have
only removed the versioned dependency on gnupg2. If it turns out this is
not feasible for Jessie, then we should make an announcement with the
next Firefox update that Firefox addons are no longer supported. However
I am willing to backport ublock-origin and https-everywhere with my
maintainer hat on and I believe this is doable.

Markus