I've done this now: see https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development

> I personally like the page the way it is.

TIMTOWTDY! ;)

> Though if we want a TLDR we can easily add another "checklist" section
> like we did for the Front-Desk duties:
> https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development#Checklist
> at the end of the packaging section.

thats basically what I've done too..

> Note that the root issue is missing the "please also update webml" step.

yes. I think the above change addresses this.

> People who missed this are doing DLAs occasionally (there are countless
> mails about it on the mailing list). Would they remember to check
> documentation anyway?

most non regular contributors look up the documentation to see how it's
done.

> Or should we focus on a way to announce process
> changes once every other year?

a mail to d-d-a with subject 'bits from the lts team' with these and other
changes would probably be a good idea.

> Or should we simply notify people
> individually like Holger just did? :)

that also.